Ditmas Park CSA Week 15


As you can tell by the light in this photo the days are getting shorter. It was 80 degrees, windy, and humid today. A combo I hate, but we can call that fall in NYC for now. The vegetables this week were still abundant, and delightful. The yellow wax beans were the most juicy and tender I've seen all year. Can't wait to crack into that squash.

I should note that I traded cauliflower for extra zucchini with a fellow CSA member. The swap box was empty, which leads me to wonder if the volunteers weren't aware they should put food in it so that members have something to swap. I forgot to pick up the eggplant. If my head weren't connected to my body I'd probably forget that too.

CSA Week 15 Veg List
5 tomatoes
13 small and medium potatoes
1 head broccoli
1 big ole squash
1/2 lb yellow wax beans
4 zucchini (traded 1 head of cauliflower to get 2 extras from another memeber)
1 pepper
1 onion
1 eggplant, not pictured

1/2 chicken
1 dozen eggs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐