CSA Week 20

Cool weather vegetables.

This would be the last week of my CSA, but I bought into the extended share. The arrival of different vegetables confirm my enthusiasm. Two kinds of turnips, oh yeah. My farmer is still harvesting tomatoes. Miraculous. Jorge says he planted 4 times, and has greenhouses. The only problem I have is whether or not the couple I am sharing my CSA with will follow through! No check, and no replies to my recent email, uh. I may be choking down a full share every week, or most likely, finding ways to freeze, and preserve.

3 tomatoes, ripe
3 tomatoes, green
1 onion
3 turnips
3 purple and white turnips
8 yukon gold potatoes
1 bag of spinach
1 large bunch of kale (tastes better than any other week)
1 bunch of sage
1 medium head of cauliflower
2 green peppers
3 lbs red and green apples
1 half of a large butternut squash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐